Bumble is entering Indian markets, as a rival to Tinder, which has dominated the dating game for millennials in India. At a time when the #MeToo movement is picking up speed, their entry is much welcomed as a tool to empower women whether it’s in initiating love, business or friendships. Notably, Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra has become a partner, investor and advisor for the company, to help them understand and penetrate local markets. Bumble is now looking to hire a Field Marketing Manager in Mumbai, to help them spur their growth and development in key cities across the country.
Healthy relationships are central to living a positive, productive life. Bumble is a social network that allows you to feel empowered while you make those connections, whether you’re dating, looking for friends, or growing your professional network. One first move on Bumble could change your life. When members of the opposite sex match on Bumble, women are required to make the first move, shifting old-fashioned power dynamics and encouraging equality from the start. Bumble was first founded to challenge the antiquated rules of dating. Now, Bumble empowers users to connect with confidence whether dating, networking, or meeting friends online. We’ve made it not only necessary but acceptable for women to make the first move, shaking up outdated gender norms. We prioritise kindness and respect, providing a safe online community for users to build new relationships.
About the role
The Field Marketing Manager position involves actively managing the Bumble field marketing program in India, inclusive of ambassador-led partnerships, events, marketing activations and guerrilla marketing. This individual will work direction with the India Country Lead to disseminate the overall India-wide marketing strategy via a supplementary and supporting field program. They will ensure Bumble has an ever-evolving presence on the ground and will build these plans out to be a part of a wider integrated field marketing approach – inclusive of PR, content and influencer components. They will be allocated a budget to support for this, which they will be expected to strategically distribute across initiatives.
- Oversight of a team of Ambassadors across India
- Strategic planning & implementation regarding the field marketing team as a whole
Budget management :
- Manage budgets & forecasts for field marketing across India, strategically distributing an overall budget across initiatives to achieve required goals
- Accountable for ensuring spend for the above stays within budget on a month to month basis
Creative ideation and research:
- Conceptualising, identifying and building out Ambassador-led partnerships, events, activations and guerrilla across India
- Participate in discussions with the International teams regarding higher level organisational partnerships & strategies
- Brand partnerships and events execution for Ambassador-led field marketing initiatives, from ideation to completion
- Drafting agreements and liaising with international operations and / or legal teams to define commercial and contractual information for field marketing partnerships & events
- Relationship management with local influencers and press
- Managing localised content creation and liaising with innovation team to coordinate the delivery of integrated marketing components
Cross functional relationships within Bumble:
- Work with field marketing teams internationally to ensure India field marketing is in line with international campaigns to ensure a fully integrated approach and to regularly share learnings
- Work closely with innovation & strategy team to monitor impact of India field marketing activations and adjust investments accordingly
How to apply?
If you’re interested in pursuing this position, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short introduction describing your background and why you’re keen on this role.