Josmo Studio is looking to hire a senior level product designer to grow with their team in Goa, to work in their design and product team. To grab this opportunity, connect with Josmo Studio via Dysco here.
Who’s this opportunity perfect for?
If you are creative, disruptive and organised in nature, eat, sleep and breath all things design. If you understand dynamic environments, have collected experiences and case studies in a similar position, have worked with equally relevant clients previously, and would love to work at a place where there isn’t a single dull day – then you might just be the perfect fit!
What’s Josmo Studio?
Josmo Studio is a Mumbai + Goa based collective that believes in transforming radical ideas into purposeful, beautiful products. A multi-disciplinary group of dreamers, they make and curate pieces from around the country to give you access to well designed products for your home.
Josmo pieces are a blend of age-old artisanal techniques and new age design. Every piece has been handcrafted by an artisan who has spent years learning and perfecting their art. They are passionate about Indian craft and support artisans by working with them on every product they create. With an ethos of transforming thoughts into things, they pride themselves on sharing pieces that are meticulously handmade in India with a strong focus on innovation. A young studio hungry for good design, they are a marketplace of ideas, design and products for dreamers, collectors and design fanatics.
Josmo also offers boutique design consultancy services for turn-key projects like furniture, lighting, interior spaces, sculptures and art installations.
What will you be doing as Senior Level Product Designer?
- You will be the team’s execution arm for all things design and visual
- You will be working closely with the Creative Director and the remaining design and production team
- With your help, the team will translate a specific product brief and creative demands into required creatives and designs
- You will be seeing to the execution and timelines of products
What kind of skill set should you have?
- Ability to present and explain designs with conviction to internal and external clients
- Have a conceptual & strategic approach when designing a product with identity packaging, environmental design, and marketing collaterals if required
- Well versed in design softwares such as Illustrator, Adobe. Knowledge of AutoCAD, Sketch-up & Solidworks.
- Must be strong in Prototyping & Concept Development, Technical Drawings, Graphic Design Skills
- In-depth knowledge of materials and processes of product production
- Would be an added benefit if you are skilled in using MAYA, PYTHA, Pro- Engineer
What kind of previous experience will you need?
- A work experience of minimum 3-5 years
- Prior experience in product design and ability to visualize, prototype and manufacture your ideas with a wide visual range of experimentation
- Previous work in product design roles in creative companies in India or abroad
- Preferred knowledge and expertise in the product/ luxury and/or in lifestyle industry
What’s the location?
When does it start?
As soon as possible, March 2018.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, email your CV, creative portfolio and 2 references to email@example.com or if you’d like a personal introduction, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org along with the link to your Dysco profile. You can also connect with Anjali Mody, the founder of Josmo Studio via her Dysco Profile.