Gundi Studios is a Mumbai-based slow fashion brand founded by Natasha Sumant. Their mission is to empower Indian women with their fashion, art, and their supply chain. Gundi Studios is looking to hire a Social Media Intern to help shape their brand voice and increase visibility on all social platforms. Gundi Studios will also be present at the Beta & Beyond: The Fashion Edit. Come meet them in person and find out more about this opportunity to work with them.
About Gundi Studios
Inspired by outspoken women in India and the diaspora. They highlight desi women around the globe to capture their stories, struggles, and style. Gundi Studios is more than a fashion brand; it’s a voice to uplift desi women, disable stereotypes, and be unapologetic gundis. Natasha is determined to deconstruct the expectations placed on Indian women through media and discourse. Gundi products are almost exclusively made by women in rural areas; they are produced in small batches to accommodate the human cost and care that goes into cloth making. The traditional craftsmanship techniques of Aari, Zari, and Cut Dana, represented by cheeky, chic-y imagery and bold aesthetics, makes Gundi’s style mirror the spirit of social activism.
About the role
Social Media Intern
- Help grow brand presence and awareness on all platforms
- Manage and help design creative assets for social media
- Help create campaigns for new product launches
- Assist on sets with pre/post-production
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Some experience with advertising on Facebook
- Basic Photoshop skills
- An eye for fashion aesthetic and photography
- A keen interest in streetwear brands, visual trends, and culture
- Bachelors in Communication, Media or Liberal Arts (3rd year in college)
You can expect to deepen your knowledge of brand strategy and how to execute it on social channels, and how it funnels into basic project management. Conceptualising a concept and executing it from start to finish.
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, send us an email at email@example.com, with your CV, past work, and a brief description telling us why you want to work with Gundi Studios.
Gundi Studios will also be present at the Beta & Beyond: The Fashion Edit. Come meet them in person and find out more about this opportunity to work with them.