Food Matters India Pvt Ltd (The Table & Mag St Kitchen) is looking for a Marketing and PR Associate to join their team in Mumbai. The role involves being creative with social media, creating and strategising digital marketing efforts and helping with all the work that goes into building a brand online. This is a junior position with immense scope to grow with the team, explore different interests and find your footing by being part of five different brands within the food and beverage industry. To pursue this opportunity you can chat with Mesha Bhansali on Dysco, or for a personal introduction email us on email@example.com.
What is Food Matters?
Food Matters is a team of 100+ professionals, some who love to cook, some who love to eat, some who love to come up with ideas, and some who are capable of managing everyone else. Food Matters acts as an umbrella for five separate brands, all based in and around Mumbai:
- The Table – A fine dining restaurant
- Magazine St. Kitchen – An experimental kitchen space
- Magazine St. Bread Co. – A bakery
- Dining Table – A catering service
- The Table Farm – A farm in Alibag
Yes, all aspects of Food Matters to them.
What sort of a skill set will you need?
Food Matters is looking for a junior PR and Marketing associate. Some qualities would include:
- Excellent communication and creative skills, for both professional and social purposes
- Strong editorial skills would be a bonus, particularly writing effective emails and short form social content
- Being able to multitask, organise yourself, and handle situations dynamically
- Awareness about marketing trends and social media, and familiarity with creating content for Facebook, Instagram etc.
- We’re looking for someone who is eager to learn, learn and learn. Of course, an interest in food, events and writing is an added plus!
What will you be doing?
A typical day at work would include:
- Starting off with admin duties which include but are not limited to database management for contacts, press, photos, recipes, etc
- Tracking minutes of meetings
- Coordinating with printers and others for all marketing collaterals
- Responding to emails like; image requests from the press, quotes from their chefs, and requests to arrange media interviews with relevant team members.
- Sharing weekly reports of restaurant reviews with the entire team
What might be some occasional activities?
- Some lively and active evenings you might spend:
- Photographing and tasting all the new dishes added to the menu
- Sitting in on wine training or cheese tasting sessions
- Occasionally photographing and tasting all the new dishes added to the menu
- Perhaps even converting all the happenings to a blog post at times
When does it start?
As soon as possible!
Time will be split between Food Matters’ offices located in Colaba & Byculla in Mumbai.
If you’re as big a foodie as the folks at Food Matters and are looking to work as a PR and Marketing Associate in the F&B industry, here’s your chance! To know more about the opportunity and Food Matters’ philosophy, chat with Mesha Bhansali and Gauri Devidayal, the founder via Dysco App.
To pursue this opportunity, email your CV and cover letter to Mesha Bhansali at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Firstname Lastname – Application for MPR Associate’. If you’d like a personal introduction, email us at email@example.com.